Thursday, April 29, 2010

Seattle

So, we went to Seattle last weekend for an anniversary dinner at the Fisherman's Restaurant on the pier.  (I always forget which one, but I know it was a pier).  My wife has always wanted to live in Seattle, an experience I personally place on my list just under getting torn apart by wild dogs.  I say "but parking's so expensive," to which she says, "I wouldn't own a car."
Thus speaks the woman who has NEVER been without a car.  I have.  Hate to say it, but the only way I'd live in any city like that is if I were independently wealthy and could afford to keep my car.  Besides, I love my car.  It's only the second vehicle I've ever owned I've felt this way about.  I'd no sooner give it up than I'd give up the thing which it allegedly symbolizes.

To distract you from thinking about that, here's a couple of pics.


This is where we had dinner.  The crab feast is phenomenal.  We got it with a 2 for 1 special, so it wasn't as spendy as it sounds.


 And here's a picture of the skyline from the pier.  Not as iconic as, say, a picture of the space needle, but still very cool.

I've nothing against Seattle, other than I think it sucks to drive there.  And the fact that I'm not really a city boy at heart (despite having spent time in many different cities).  I like Tacoma because, though it's a city, it's still got a smaller town feel to it.  I'm not even sure why.  Maybe because it's so close to Puyallup.

1 comment:

Shai Williams said...

You are that car. What is really funny is that we originally purchased the car for me. As my legs started acting up, we got me a vehicle that isn't so low slung. But I think that he would have cried if I traded in the Tib to get my new one.